Quiz is scheduled for Thursday, May 25th
1. Use the words impossible, likely, unlikely or certain to describe the following events:
a) If you flip a coin once, you will get a head and a tail: ____________________
b) If you roll a die once, you will get a number less than six:____________________
c) Eight metres of snow will fall today: ____________________
2. Dakota and Bryan count their coloured paper clips and record the results in the table below.
They put all of the paper clips in a box. Dakota chooses one paper clip from the box without looking.
Determine the probability that Dakota chooses a red paperclip.
Show your work.
3. A spinner has 12 equal sized sections. The sections are labelled 1 through 12. What is the probability that Eva will spin a multiple of 3 on her first spin?
Explain how you know.
5. Put these fractions into a percent. You may use a calculator.
- 5/20 b) 9/10 c) 8/35 d) 6/50
6. Rori has a bag of 20 coloured blocks. Without looking, she reaches in and pulls one block out. Complete the table below to determine the probability of choosing a red, green, purple or yellow block.
7. Keenan places 3 green marbles, 4 yellow marbles and 1 blue marble in a bag. Keenan then adds 1 green marble and 1 yellow marble to the bag. Does the probability that Keenan will randomly choose a yellow marble increase, decrease or stay the same?
Justify your answer.
TREE DIAGRAM (We will do this next week)
8. Falynn goes to a fast food restaurant after cheering on the home team at a football game. Falynn wants to order a drink, fries and a burger. Here are her choices:
The Bacon King
How many different combinations can Falynn choose from?