It was great to see you all again today after the long weekend. I loved hearing about some of your Easter stories. Thank you for working so hard to complete the math Practice Work, and for being focused and on-task while completing your language jobs today.
This week, there are a few things coming up for you to keep in mind:
- Math - This week we'll be creating some simple games to use to practice comparing fractions, decimals, and percents. On Friday, there will be time to move around to different stations and play the games. If you aren't finished today's practice work, it's important that you complete it to be sure you feel confident working with Fractions, Decimals, and Percent before we start creating these games.
- Fatty Legs reading responses - We'll be reading on in our class novel, and there will be more response questions to answer. If you haven't completed the response questions for chapters 1 and 2, please be sure to hand them in and then cross your name off the list on the board.
- First Peoples of Canada presentations - You'll have one more work period and will then be sharing your Google Slide presentations tomorrow. If you want to work at home, the website we used today was www.firstpeoplesofcanada.com. Your presentation will include
- Meaning of the name of your chosen group
- Living conditions (environment and types of homes)
- Other interesting facts
- Inuit Games - We might have time this week for a bit of a competition, similar to the Inuit Games mentioned in our class novel! Be prepared to work your leg muscles!!
That's all for now! Have a great night.